This one-day workshop is suitable for farmers, growers, staff and family members who purchase, store and use agrichemicals. If you are a Fonterra supplier please refer to our Fonterra Growsafe courses.
The key focus of the Agrichemicals Approved Handler workshop is to gain knowledge in the safe use of agrichemicals and upon successful completion of the workshop, obtain an Agrichemical Approved Handler Certificate and Growsafe Certificate.
This one-day workshop is suitable for farmers, growers, staff and family members who purchase, store or use agrichemicals.
What the workshop covers
- Safe usage, maintenance and storage of agrichemical
- The HSNO Act (responsibilities when using agrichemicals to control pests)
- The occupational hazards associated with agrichemical use
- Identifying and interpreting agrichemical product information
- Safety equipment
- Assessment of your knowledge.
Benefits to you
- Improve your understanding and knowledge of the safe use and storage of agrichemicals
- Understand the legal requirements and occupational hazards associated with agrichemicals
- Gain an Agrichemical Approved Handler Certificate when the workshop has been successfully completed
- Receive expert tuition from a fully qualified tutor
- Earn credits towards NZQA qualifications in agriculture
- Enjoy an informative day with members of your local community.