Suitable for entry level operators, this course interactively explores a virtual boiler room and covers boiler codes and standards, boiler mountings and boiler equipment. Includes pre-work for Responsible Person certification.
Boiler Mountings and Equipment
At the end of this course you'll have a thorough understanding of the:
- Operation and roles of the boiler mountings common to all boilers
- Operation of pumps common to all boiler rooms including centrifugal, centrifugal multi-stage, diaphragm, plunger and piston variable delivery pumps used for chemical dosing
- Operation of draft systems employed on oil/gas and solid-fuel fired boilers including radial vs axial flow fans, combustion air distribution strategies and the commonly used types of air dampers
- Blowdown system and the operational requirements associated with the blowdown pressure vessel
- Steam trap in the steam distribution system
- Sootblowers and the most commonly used types employed on solid-fuel boilers.
You can access this course online 24/7. Once you've registered and paid, you have 30 days to complete the learning and assessment.